Killing Lions – A Review

 

 

_200_360_Book.1331.cover Many of us are hunting mice - while lions devour the land. - Leonard Ravenhill

In the book Killing Lions: A Guide Through the Trials Young Men Face, John Eldredge (Wild at Heart) is joined by his son, Sam, for a conversational journey of what it takes to become a man. II bought this book for my sons (I have five) but found it revealing my heart as I read it through several times (I’m a fast reader). I grew up without a strong father influence in my life and many of the questions Sam poses resonated with my heart.

Dealing (father and son together) with subjects such as relationships, money, getting married and life calling…each chapter was a picture of how to coach your son’s heart through each stage of life. A beautiful example of how simple conversations can create opportunities to impart and impact as fathers.

I appreciated the honesty and openness of John and Sam as they challenge each other’s view and the way they loved each other through these times. The powerful moments are when they acknowledge their absolute need of God to teach, guide and rescue their hearts…wonderful moments indeed.

Disclosure: While I received an advance copy of this product free, I have purchased a few copies to give to other fathers and my own sons.

 

Comments

Bill (cycleguy) said…
Thanks for the review Jay. I have seen this and have been a fan of John's but wasn't sure about this. Makes it more appealing.
Unknown said…
Bill, you should watch their videos on YouTube... Powerful stuff. Bless ya brother!
jasonS said…
Sounds great. I loved Wild at Heart--this sounds like a good one to give to my son. Thank you, Jay!
Jay Cookingham said…
Definitely a good read my friend, my 25 year-old said it was very helpful and hit home with him. Bless ya bro'
Jay
Jay Cookingham said…
Totally enjoyed it Jason...you should check out the videos on You Tube for the book as well...good stuff! Bless ya!

Popular Posts